The Switch (2010)



Directed by Josh Gordon and Will Speck
Starring Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston, with Jeff Goldblum and Juliette Lewis

Yo People! What's up People! What's up...People? people? People are you there? The truth is I really don't care if you are there or not. I don't care if you're reading, and I don't care you're watching. I don't care if you're drinking, and I don't care if you're forcing your boyfriend to watch horrible stereotypical movies that Hollywood tells you that you like even though they are sappy, and really insulting to women as a whole. People! People! I don't even care if you noticed I posted the Spanish poster for "The Switch".

Ok, I'm lying! I do care! I love you all so much! I know you like me! You really, really love me! Right now! You LIKE me!



So, maybe you should go watch, "The Switch". Maybe, just maybe. And, maybe you will laugh and maybe you will cry. But then again. Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll fall asleep and your Morretti will spill down your chest and down on to the floor. Then a little Yorkie will run over and lick it up and you'll think "Am I ruining this cute lil' dog's future?" I can't live with this sort of responsibility!

The concept of "The Switch" is simple. Originally, called "The Baster", and based on a short story of the same title, it's about Kassie (Jennifer Aniston) and her best friend, Wally (Jason Bateman). She is getting older and wants a baby even though she is unmarried. She turns to a baster, but Wally, her bff, fills it up with his own sperm and viola, its cinematic magic!

This movie was actually pretty funny in parts. Granted, our girl Aniston has played practically the same part in a dozen or so reviews on here, but it still is entertaining and I found myself laughing in more than a few parts. Is it predictable? Yes. But, no one said watching these movie would lead to originality. If I wanted experimental German art-house cinema I'm pretty sure I won't find it in a rom-com;



I read in a Men's Health Magazine (you know, the one's that always say "Lose Your Gut"...on every cover!) that a beer that is stout is better for you than say, Miller Lite. So, I chose a delectable Moretti la Rossa. It was very good! Question: How many beers have I not liked on here?

But, a bigger question remains...Should you watch the switch? Answer: Jeff Goldblum!!!!



Well, if that didn't do it for you then go ahead and check out the trailer;



No, I didn't for get about the amazing Patrick Wilson...and does every chick flick have you use the line, "She's put you in the friend zone!"

FORCE THE BOYFRIEND: 7 out of 10 (1 mean he'll hate it, 10 means he'll love it)

Watch if you liked...ummm, Aniston, or Bateman, or Goldblum, or Basters.

Chick Flick: 3 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)
DVD: 2 pieces of milky chocolate (out of 5)
Beer: 4 manly high fives (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment