CHICK FLICKS and BEER for VALENTINE'S DAY

Are you single on Valentine's Day? Or, maybe, you're dragging (or being dragged) to see the new movies "Valentine's Day" (2010) or "Dear John" (2010). Which one looks better? Hmmm, I don't know. Take a look for yourself;

Valentine's Day (2010)



Now, Valentine's Day looks "cute" (am I allowed to use that word?) and it has a lot, and I mean a lot of actors and actresses. Julia Robert's is in it...so it has to be good, right? I'm 50/50...with all those actors running on and off and sharing screen time it might be hard to really get into any of the characters. It might be little vignettes where everyone ends up in the same restaurant at the end. This movie looks like it is going to show everyone's faults and teach us we should accept those faults and be happy. Everyone will probably leave smiling. Unless its bad movie. In that case, everyone will just leave.

Dear John (2010)



This is Nicholas Sparks so I guarantee someone is going to die? It could be John or it could be the chick. If someone doesn't die in this I would really be surprised. If your a guy I also guarantee that this is a "tear-jerker" so it might bring you closer to your significant other if you know what I mean (wink wink). Then again it might just depress everyone involved.

If your single you might just want to try a new and interesting beer. Perhaps even drown your sorrows in one. Here are some suggestions;

Abita Purple Haze



I know, I know...I've talked about Purple Haze before on this site but I just can't help it. What would be better Valentine that the light and airy aroma of a Purple Haze. There are 2 reasons that this beer is appropriate. First, in case you don't live on the Earth and you haven't heard, the Saints won the Superbowl. Abita is out of Louisiana. So, all you true fans (and new bandwagon/ fairweather fans) can represent. Second, it has Purple in the title. And, purple is the cousin to pink...which is the a Valentine Day's color favorite. It's also truly delicious beer.

Mama's Little Yella Pils



This one is for all you Mama's Boys out there. I tried this the other night for the first time and it's delicious. A very, very good pilsner. It was light like any pilsner but there was something nice and pleasant in the undertone. It is a very, very, very good pilsner. Did I say that already? I know yellow isn't a very Valentiny color. But, you should try it anyways. Alone or with a date. And, if you do have a date she (or he) might be impressed of the interesting location in which it is served because you will have to go off the beaten path to find this one. I don't think serve this one at the Olive Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment