The Bounty Hunter (2010)


Directed by Andy Tennant
Starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler

I saw this in the theater and I was alone. So, I sort of followed my own rules. The only problem is the theater didn't sell beer so I had to go with a Coke Zero...or Coke Z...or Z...as I call it. I love Coke Zero (yes, I am going to give it 5 stars). I think there was a total of 6 people in the theater including myself.

So, this is actually the first chick flick I have gone to see in the theater. And, I realized while watching it that actually paying and going to see this movie in theater puts it into a whole new category for judgement. You have to understand that the last movies I have seen in the theater were all great, great experiences (The Ghost Writer, Shutter Island, Sherlock Holmes)...Immediately, I was bored with this one. Cliche writing and characters...stupid locations...unrealistic situations...cheesy lines...all stuff in all the chick flicks I've seen before...and probably rated it lightly and gave it at least 3 stars. The only difference is that seeing it on the big screen just makes the missteps of the movie all the more noticable and hard to ignore.

The concept is simple. Gerard is a bounty hunter. Jennifer is a reporter. She skips court to follow a lead for a story and blah blah blah, Gerard has to bring her in. What's the catch. They are ex-husband and ex-wife. Whoo hoo...let's party.

This movie was bad...I'm actually bored writing this and having nothing else to say. Although, the Coke Z was delicious...but I already knew that.

FORCE THE BOYFRIEND: 4 out of 10 (1 mean he'll hate it, 10 means he'll love it) - Bounty hunting is pretty manly right?

Watched if you liked...Jennifer Aniston doing her thing...although she has done it better before.

Chick Flick: 2 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)-
DVD: 0 pieces of milky chocolate (out of 5)- saw it in the theater
Coke Zero: 5 manly high fives (out of 5) - best diet drink around

No comments:

Post a Comment