Kate and Leopold (2001)


Directed by James Mangold
Starring Hugh Jackmen, Meg Ryan, Liev Schreiber, and Breckin Meyer

How a movie with this concept could ever be conceived, pitched, made, and then released is beyond me. She's a successful modern career woman, he's a Duke from the 1800's...it was a love that transcends time. Actually I looked up the tagline for the movie when it was released and it reads, "If they lived in the same century they would be perfect for each other." Ok, pause.

That doesn't make any sense because in the movie they are apparently perfect for each other and they do end up living in the same century. You see, Kate, dated this scientist for about 4 years (4 of her best years) and after they broke up he discovered a rip in the fabric of time and was able to transport himself to New York in the late 1800's. On his return he discovers that he accidentally brought Leopold back to modern day NYC...a Duke lost in the city...I liked it better when it was an Austrailian from the outback. The Duke meets Kate and...well...Take a look;



As you can see in the trailer at one point, Leopold has to walk a dog and is given a ticket because he refuses to pick up the poop. The dog pooping was actually one of the more entertaining parts of the movie. Seriously, I saw a dog pooping the other day on the side of the road when I was driving. I honked the horn and the dog's owner looked slightly confused. Now that was entertainment. It made me laugh.

Maybe I could pitch that...Two dogs from different centuries. One is a poodle from Beverly Hills. The other is a Doberman from 1888 Germany. One day after smelling the mythical turd from the Black Forest, the noble Doberman is transported to California where he must learn when to bark, how to pee, and where to shop. One day again, he sniffs the poodle's day old feces and that song plays "You're everything I need...bah bah bah bah...Every--thing! I need!" I'm telling you it would be a smash hit.

Oh, Coors Original...apparently, you are the banquet beer. How I loathe thee. Let me count the ways...

FORCE THE BOYFRIEND: 1 out of 10 (1 mean he'll hate it, 10 means he'll love it) - Don't force yourself either.

Watch if you liked...post plastic surgery Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman

Chick Flick: 2 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)- Hugh Jackmanw as Ok.
DVD: 1 pieces of milky chocolate (out of 5)
Beer: 2 manly high fives (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment