Eat Pray Love (2010)


Directed by Ryan Murphy
Starring Julia Roberts, James Franco, Javier Bardem, and Billy Crudup

This movie should have been called Eat Poop Smell. It was awful. This movie represented everything I think is wrong with society, and Americans in general. Granted I only made it about 45 minutes into the movie, but the truth is, I could care less.

Eat Pray Love, is about Liz Gilbert, played by a little-too-old Julia Roberts, who is tired of her marriage. Why, might you ask? Well, because she has always been in a relationship. She doesn't know who she is as a single entity. So, what does she do? She breaks up with her husband, who begs and pleads her to take him back. She just blankly says "No". I find her to be shallow and boring. So, she's single for about two weeks and then she starts dating a young, carefree actor. They get kinda serious and then she leaves him. She sucks. She goes to Italy, India, and somewhere else. I started half watching at this point.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the concept of this movie. It's just the main character sucked. It was NOT that she was a woman, a man that behaved like this would suck just as bad. Maybe I'm just being negative. Maybe I ate a little too much Thai food and was in somewhat of a food coma. Maybe, I needed to go to the bathroom. Too me she just came across as a whiny American who is all, me, me, me...my feelings hurts, let's over analyze some more.

Anywho, the beer I had was delishhhhhhhhhhhh shhhouch. It had a little seadog on it. That is why I selected it. That lil' seadog was on a journey just like Julia Roberts. A delicious journey into my mouth, stirring every wonderful blueberry tastebud in my mouth. I highly recommend Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale. Drink one, you will NOT regret it.

You may regret watching this movie. I know, I know...I'm sure the book is excellent. Well, this movie sucks. The title should be Watch Sucks Sleep, or Poop Poop Poop. Too much pooping going on in this review.




FORCE THE BOYFRIEND:
1 out of 10 (1 mean he'll hate it, 10 means he'll love it) - Don't make him watch this...

Watch if you liked...thinking about yourself all the time and Julia Roberts.

Chick Flick: 1 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)
DVD: 2 pieces of milky chocolate (out of 5)
Beer: 5 manly high fives (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment