Moonstruck (1987)

Directed by Norman Jewison
Starring Cher, Nicolas Cage, and Olympia Dukakis

Can you believe it? Can you really, really believe it? How can you believe it? I know it seems insane! Completely, completely insane! But, I have never...shhhh....never....
shhhh....never....actually seen...shhh....Moonstruck. There I said it! I feel so much better!

What can I say about Moonstruck? Well, first off, it stars Cher! So, in my mind it makes me feel all weird. I'm sorry but Cher makes me feel weird. I don't know why, but she just does. And, don't judge me on this because Cher must make other people feel weird. I mean she made her daughter feel so weird that she change her name to Chaz and had a sex change operation. I think share might be an alien.

Second, it stars Nicolas Cage. I really like Nicolas Cage. But, in recent days he's made me feel weird too. Maybe it's because you can tell he has had some intense facelift. Or maybe, it's because he....I don't know....he's in about 20 movies a year recently. And, he doesn't give a crap what the movie is. Plus, he might be an alien.

So, Moonstruck is about one alien who is about get engaged to a meatball but then she meets this other alien and they make love, and Chazz pops out! Wait, that isn't what happens? I think I feel asleep. Why don't you just tell me what happens. Maybe this movie should be called "Moonshine" because I drank a beer while I watched it. This is, after all, "Chick Flicks and Beer". Did you forget? It's Ok. I did. But, now I'm back!

I consumed beverage that is call Full Sail Amber Ale. This beer is out of Oregon and claims to be completely independently owned and operated. It's delicious. Now, if I find out that this beer is owned or created by Anheuser Busch I am going to be pissed. Go independent or go home. Drink locally brewed beer.

Anywho, back to the movie. Moonstruck is a great movie. Was it Academy Award nomination great? I'm not sure, I'll have to watch it again. My friend, Roose, thinks its one of the great comfort films! I'm not sure about that! My girlfriend, Cuddle Bee (ooops, I mean Tiffany), loves it! I liked it too. You've probably seen it so you probably already know if you like it. Here's a peek.



FORCE THE BOYFRIEND: 7 out of 10 (1 mean he'll hate it, 10 means he'll love it)

Watch if you liked...Cher, Nicolas Cage, or Aliens, or John Patrick Shanley

Chick Flick: 4 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)
Beer: 5 manly high fives (out of 5)

1 comment:

  1. you are a bit wrong, nic cage at his crazy best, cher at her best...great lines...dramatic hilarity. could watch over and over.

    ReplyDelete