Admission (2013)

Starring Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Wallace Shawn, and Lily Tomlin
Directed by Paul Weitz

Ok, I must admit that I finally sat down to watch another chick flick. I must admit I’ve been lazy. I also must admit that I was sick of chick flicks. I admit it. But, if I was going to watch a chick flick at least it could have Paul Rudd in it. And, Tina Fey can be funny. I admit, Tina Fey is funny. What else would you like me to admit?

Do you think I am going to admit that Admission is a good film? Ugh, I can’t really admit that. But, I do admit that it is an OK film. It isn’t really a funny film. It was a little more serious than I expected. I admit that. Maybe, the marketing team should admit that they tried to trick us. Is Paul Rudd funny in this movie? Not really. Does Paul Rudd always have to be funny? Not really. But, I do admit that I want him to be funny.

In Admission, Tina Fey works in the admissions department at Princeton University. She is very serious and devoted to work. In fact, she is in the running to take over as head of the department. One day, she gets a call from Paul Rudd who is running an alternative school in the northeast. He asks if she can stop by and give a presentation on Princeton to his kids. We learn that he is specifically interested in her meeting on kid, a kid that could also be her child that she gave up for adoption when he was born. Let the craziness ensue.

Do people still really want to get into Princeton? That is my question.

I have to admit that this isn’t the best review I’ve ever written. I admit it. Go to Princeton become a lawyer, and sue me.

FORCE THE BOYFRIEND:  5.5 out of 10 (They'll like but may not admit it)

Beer Pairing Recommendation

Bud Light.  A horrible beer selected by college students everywhere.


1 comment:

  1. When I saw the preview for this movie at the theatre I thought to myself "Self, would you pay your hard earned money to see this movie? Would you take a couple hours out of your day to shower, shave, clip your nose and ear hairs get dressed and then spend another couple hours actually watching the movie? Welll...I have to admit no I wouldn't so I didn't. After reading your review I have to admit to myself "Self, great decision".

    ReplyDelete