Valentine's Day (2010)

Directed by Garry Marshall

Starring Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Jessica Biel, Bradley Cooper, Patrick Dempsey, Jamie Foxx, Topher Grace, Jessica Gardner, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher, Queen Latifah with Taylor Swift, the Werewolf Dude from Twilight, Hector Elizondo, and Shirley MacLaine

Just in time for Halloween comes my review for Valentine's Day! is the type of well-written, soul-searching, deep and meaningful drama that you might expect. This thing comes off at the frenetic pace of a David Mamet play..."Put that coffee down!" (side note: That line wasn't actually in that play)...if you don't believe me then "wiki" it. Scratch that...Google it!

Now, some of you readers might remember my strict rules about watching chick flicks. One of those very strict and very broken rules by me was that I had, of course, to drink a beer. Hence, the word "beer" in the title. I break that rule all the time. I actually am ashamed to admit that I watched this movie beer free. But, this time I actually broke the rule that I never, ever, ever, by any means break (except the exception of my Mom, and The Notebook) and I do mean by any means. Well....I finally broke my own rule. I watched it with a female...I'll leave it to you to figure out who...

On to the movie...Not sure what I should mention first...how about all of the bazillion actors involved...can somebody say paycheck?...Holla at your boy...I mean there were so many actors in this for 7 minutes a pop it was incredible. It's like a Who's Who of Who's Who...I figure it was easy material, a nice paycheck, and shot in LA.

It was directed of Garry Marshall, of many movies, most notably of Pretty Woman (hence Julia Roberts). And, the direction, well...it doesn't exist. It doesn't exist well, I mean....or maybe, just maybe its really really really good and I just don't see it. The best direction goes unnoticed after all.

This movie wasn't really that bad. Really it wasn't. Maybe it was and I'm just losing it. I don't know.



FORCE THE BOYFRIEND: 4 out of 10 (1 mean he'll hate it, 10 means he'll love it)

Chick Flick: 2 cartons of ice cream (out of 5)- Hugh Jackmanw as Ok.
DVD: 2 pieces of milky chocolate (out of 5)
Beer: 0 manly high fives (out of 5)- Didn't drink one

No comments:

Post a Comment